Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Miss Butterfly


* Note - The pictures have been edited to suit the story.
Inspired by love, and a true story. The story is not completely factual, just seen in my eyes; my interpretation.

I've followed this butterfly from the darkness of my past. In her I see freedom, love, and a hope for my fragile heart. I've chase her amongst mountains, through forests, across deserts. I remember falling down a large cliff, with my last sights on her. And just when all hope is lost, I'm slowed down by Miss Butterfly's grip, as we make a slow descent back onto stable ground; finding my feet once again.

I chase you again, in an everlasting hope to hold you, to embrace you Miss Butterfly. But it seems the closer I get to you, the further away you become. Others join the chase, close peers of mine, pushing and shoving violently to also be captivated by your beauty; but not for my reasons. They are monsters; only wishing to freeze your beauty, and ornament you like every other butterfly they have embraced.

I cannot compete with these creatures. They are relentless with their endless lies to slow me down, and yet, I am the closest to you. I stop, to catch my breathe; to pause and think. For the sake of not causing a stir amongst my peers, I will stop for the sake of everyone's happiness. Just as I turn around, I heard one of these monsters caught up with you, and even held you for a short time.


I stand still, not knowing what to do. I am lost. I once had a direction, but now without your guidance, I am frozen.

But something unexpected happend. From amidst the shadows, another butterfly enters my life. I become un-frozen and able to move freely again. I chased her, like I did you Miss Butterfly; but instead of a run, she fell right into my arms.

My broken heart starts to craft itself together, and I am happy. Miss Butterfly, you helped me out of the shadows, but Miss Butterfly is here for me now.



She and I fly across evening skies for hours with ease. All I needed to do to keep her happy was to fly with her. I show her the flowers of the world, and she smiles as we quickly fly from rose to daffodil. Flying to the top of trees were the hardest part, but with sheer determination, my heart could shatter the tallest skyscraper.



She made me blind though. I never knew what she was doing to you inside. She absorbed everything I saw beautiful in you Miss Butterfly, and used it for herself. It's as if she was breaking you to pieces, bit by bit. You were suffering, and I never realised...


She changed the way I saw you, you were different. I saw you in a different shade. I guess its true what they say, if you look at the light for too long, that's all you'll see. I was too caught in her beauty. I went numb to you. Darkness swept you away, and in the flight, you perched upon another.


Who was this foreign figure? This man who stole you? Who is the boy that slowly destroyed you in the inside? He played with your withered mind. He tore your fragile wings. He played with your heart of glass. But I didn't know about this at the time; Miss Butterfly and I were busy collecting flowers.














They say you escaped his nightmare alive, and you regained your colours. But I know you better; you take everything to heart, you're fragile, and you never really do heal easily. While I was having the time of my life, you were suffering in my shadow. And I was too weak to turn around and see...




















They say change is always for the good, always for the better, and that change in a relationship is always the best to keep interest. It wasn't with Miss Butterfly. Passion engulfed her, spawning anger, rage, guilt, and too much love for her to handle. So with that, she let me fall...


I exploded as I hit the ground. By letting me go, she opened my head to my old destroying thoughts. I saw your figure flying overhead. Grief struck me. I was alone. For what I thought to be the holder of my heart, had just abandoned me, and you, Miss Butterfly, are too far out of my reach again. Cold, empty, wounded and sad I stood up upon my feet, and carefully watched over you.

I watch you light paths for some....
And let others see things differently.
You touch a little funny innocence in everyone.

Even if they change your colours to hide their own shames...
It still makes me smile to the day that you can help the darkest person, and still have time for that little strange girl inside.
Especially with the amount of dark souls you have lit up.
People might try to steal your image...
But not even old problems can stop your good nature...


As I watched you, I remember how much I missed Chasing you Miss Butterfly. I was happy even looking at you, to have my eyes embrace such beauty. I couldn't stand being alone anymore. I started to chase you again, but this time you stopped right in front of me. I wanted to chase and catch you so you can never escape my grasp; but you were not running. This was the first time I ever took a close look at you Miss Butterfly, and I realised I had been chasing a figure of hand made jewelry, all this time. Even though the image is made with care and love, it was not you. Behind it I saw eyes, and realised I did not need the Butterfly; for what mattered most to me, was right behind it all along. Right in front of me.


- Writing Piece By Symon Taylor.

Original Pictures From (In order of appearance) -

2 comments:

  1. Powerful language that really captures the passion in this piece. The artwork further enhances the progression of the 'story'. A very deep and meaningful piece of writing, one that makes the reader feel empathetic towards the narrator.
    It's like the reader experiences the broken heart, yet feels it being put back together again. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary journey through the "wings" of a stage! The images become like a dream sequence! There is a sense of chasing imagined dreams, so the only result can be imagined reality...But there is a happy ending...reality is better than the dream! Extra illusions hover...Madame Butterfly...even a whisper of Miss Saigon! But the result is the same! Here is a wonderful journey!
    P.S. I really thought I had answered this post! In fact, I am sure I did with words similar to these! But my thoughts seem to have drifted off into the aether! Glad I checked!

    ReplyDelete