Sunday, August 29, 2010

Situations.

Picture From: http://www.gangstersout.com/rage-against-the-machine.jpg


Sets you free sometimes...

People ask me why I listen to screamo, and heavy metal music. I tell them it's expression; although THEY can't understand it because of the ambiguity of the scream, it's another language to learn. Loud, and screamed is how it should be expressed; such strong and heavy hearted messages is what the final product projects through the essence of its music.

It calms me down. It's strange how music of hate, of rage, of passion can calm down such an angry soul. I guess it's a relation to situations, well, at least for the songs I listen to. I don't have a real music type/genre. I listen to songs that tell me a story, through the black and white notes on the guitar strings, through the heart beat of the drum, and the soul-drilling bass in context through the lyrics projected by a voice. They make you move, physically, and mentally.

It's pain, it's healing, it's revolution.
It's war, it's peace, it's cutting.
It's not a thought, and it's not something you can touch.
It's power, it's a weapon, it's a tool that is used by manipulators.
Music is the sounds that make you feel something, for life without sound in the soul, is like lighting fires with no air.
You spark, nothing else. Frictions that frustratingly try to set fire to something just tire and exhaust you. It's what you can channel.

I channel my rage through music, and is dispersed in a soulful way. I'm free, without physical intervention. Without it, I'd be mad.




2 comments:

  1. Love this unveiling of what heavy metal style music means to you beyond just the sound! The explanation has a wonderful power! Interesting and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godamn that was a well put way of expressing some of the things music can do for you.
    I especially enjoyed the part where you said a soul without music is like an attempt to light a fire without air.
    Nice Nat, Niiiice.

    ReplyDelete