Sunday, March 14, 2010

Living no one's life, dreaming through lazy eyes.


Image from - http://www.bartlettinteractive.com/images/stock/concepts/vision.jpg


Based on the following lyrics to the Goo Goo Dolls' song "Lazy Eye"
Song's Music Video here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7jNaso-ro

"The world spins 'round the secret lives, of everyone that needs to hide. A cheap parade of endless lies, filters through this lazy eye. And I don't believe in signs. No, I don't believe your lies."

"Lose yourself in no one's life, trapped in nowhere's empty light."





Poverty, corruption, sickness; death,
It's all that we are gifted with in this country.
Dreams appear to us when we close our eyes at night,
It's the great escape from a harsh reality.

I am part of the lucky few,
Who have families overseas.
Entrenched behind guns, machines,
and a cabinet of old babbling men.

Being shipped off the Omega to the Alpha at 19,
It's more than what I could hope for.
I come to this land of opportunity;
I come to this land of dreams.

My cousin tours me through the land,
It's lights, it's life, it's awe.
He feeds me in the pleantyful,
A large burger, courtesy of a clown.

I'm lead through a forest amongst the lake,
Protected by buildings that scrape the skies.
I see the vibrance of what it is to be lucky,
When I see the old crow feeding the passing animals.

As night takes us,
We retreat home.
Something over my head,
A place of shelter for my dreams.

...But not for others...

A light shines from my cousin's room,
Fused with sounds of machinery.
As I enter the illuminated darkness,
He is not there...

I see EYES staring into a window,
Not a person, not a man.
Poised in position,
Restricted in movement.

I call to him - No answer.
I speak to him - Brief responses.
I threaten him - He pushes me away.
With his eyes in the light.


Days, weeks and months flyby,
While this land of dreams takes me.
I come to a day where nothing is the same,
I see the world in every blink.

I see a light, it is day,
I wish to hunt for bounty.
I take my sword, click it twice,
One-Thousand gold in the pot.

"Hello Jade, how's Australia this time of year?"
"That's good, it's Winter here."
"Wow, did you hear about that new celebrity break-up?"
"It made me cry"

Why do people pick on my grammar? iz nut dat baed
I'm allowed to shorten words. y du u sae?

I'm dreaming with my eyes open,
Staring endlessly through a window.
What an amazing life I've had,
Now I'm 80...


- Poem Written by Symon Taylor.

1 comment:

  1. Intriguing twists and turns until the final, mishieveous wink of an 80 year old! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete